Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Blue yonder problems

I was having problems with my blueyonder account On my IPad  so deleted it from Settings . I have not been able to add the account . I tried to access by logging into my Virginmedia account but it says the email is not available . Have tried over many hours . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blue yonder problems

@jamesBond1 wrote:

I was having problems with my blueyonder account On my IPad  so deleted it from Settings . I have not been able to add the account . I tried to access by logging into my Virginmedia account but it says the email is not available . Have tried over many hours . 

Have you tried to reset the password? Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

Is the email address concerned tied into your current VM broadband account?

You should be able to check this by signing into your My Virgin Media account with your primary username and password.  Does the email address concerned appear in the Virgin Media mail section under the My Profile tab, scroll towards the bottom of the page, or is it listed under the Manage Account tab as a secondary address.

If it doesn't show up in either place, or only shows as the current username at the top of the my profile tab, then it isn't tied to your account.

Depending on the answers to those questions the VM Forum Team may be able to get your account unlocked.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi . No it’s not an email tied to my Virgin Media account . It’s a separate blueyonder account . I need to change the password but each time I try to log in via Virgin to change it I get the error message . I can sign into my Virgin Media Account but that doesn’t help with this email. It’s completely separate . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @jamesBond1

I can see you have another post where we have responded so I am sorry about any duplication or confusion caused. 

What error are you getting when trying to access? 

You advise above that the email is not linked to your account? Do you mean this is an older email that is not linked to your active Virgin Media account? You will only have the use and access to emails that are linked with an active account. 

Can you advise when you last tested?

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It’s an active email that I am using but not one I use as identity to log in to my Virgin Media Account . I still send and receive emails but can’t get into my account to change the password . I have had some spam emails sent to that account . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @jamesBond1

Sorry for any confusion - is the email address in question linked to any active Virgin Media account? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi We have an active Virginmedia account for Broadband TV and Phone . the blueyonder account is not one we use to sign in to those accounts .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@jamesBond1 

Log into the myvirginmedia site using your main account password, select My Profile and then Manage Accounts.

Do you see the blueyonder address listed there? If so then you can change the password from there, if not then there is a real possibility that this email address is not associated with any live broadband account and is considered an 'orphaned account' These are subject to being deleted at any time and in view of how long has past since you couldn't gain access to it, this may already have begun. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

thanks . i did as you suggested and changed the password . i find the process very cumbersome and user unfriendly . its about time VM sorted out their web site . its like reinventing the wheel each time . Thank you . i still dont undertand why I cant gain access to the email account .Thanks for your help .

0 Kudos