Menu
Tilly101
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Blue yonder emails

Help I haven’t been able to update my emails since Tuesday.

It says account error and when I look at the details it tells me the username or password is incorrect. I have checked them both and they are right.

What can I do ? 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blue yonder emails

@Tilly101 wrote:

It says account error and when I look at the details it tells me the username or password is incorrect. I have checked them both and they are right.

What can I do ? 

If the "it" you refer to is the email app or client that you use to manage your emails (rather than the Virgin Media Webmail service) then you need to enter your email address and password into this link https://mail.virginmedia.com   and check whether you can still log directly in to your Virgin Media Webmail account.

If you can, it means the problem is with the email app or client that you use to manage your VM email.

If you cannot then there is a problem with your VM account itself. The first thing to do is to try a password reset from here https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password . Enter your email address as the username and follow the prompts.

If that does not work or you still cannot access the Webmail account then, provided you have a live VM broadband account, the VM Forum team (VM employees) can arrange to get it sorted for you.

Let us knew how it goes.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Tilly101
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

My other problem is that the Virgin media account is in my husband’s name and email address so it isn’t helping to go into that.

Any more ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Tilly101 wrote:

Thanks.

My other problem is that the Virgin media account is in my husband’s name and email address so it isn’t helping to go into that.

Any more ideas?

Thanks

It isn't clear from this reply if the email account you are having issues with is a secondary account under your husband's Virgin media account, or perhaps one that you have been using which isn't attached to the current VM broadband account.

If it is a secondary account then the primary account holder can change the password for you.

It would be helpful if you could answer the question already asked re what happens if you try and sign into the email address via https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Morning @Tilly101

Thanks for coming back onto the forum page and sorry to hear you're having some issues. 

How are things looking today? Are you able to access the email? Could you also confirm if this is a primary or secondary email account you are wanting to access? 

If you could answer @Graham_A post, that would be fab so we can get more of an insight into this issue. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos