cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue yonder email account

Beth_field09
Joining in

Hi, I hope someone can help me. My blue yonder email has has been closed due to leaving VM, but I was not aware that this was going to happen. My whole life is in this email account, is there a way I can temporarily re access it so I can move everything over to a new email account? Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Beth_field09 wrote:

is there a way I can temporarily re access it so I can move everything over to a new email account?

All I can say is that VM seem to have a policy of not doing that for ex customers.

However, what error message are you getting that makes you think it account has been closed?

If you are no longer a VM broadband customer it may well be the reason that you can no longer access the account. However, there is a slight chance that it is currently inaccessible for another reason in which case there might be a temporary workaround to get back into the account.

If you only use an email app or client to manage the account have you tried accessing the email account using the VM webmail service on their website https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  ?

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for getting back to me, so when I try to login it says that my email address or password is incorrect. So I proceed to try and reset my password but when entering the email address it says that it cannot be found? Thanks for your help! 

This does indeed point to the login account for the mailbox itself either has been or is in the process of being deleted. 

But there is one more possibility, but a bit of a long shot, how do you normally access your email, is it just via a web browser or through an email client application, Outlook, Thunderbird, the mail app in iOS, etc? If you only did it through a web connection, then there is a slight chance that accessing it via an email client may still work temporarily.

You would need to set up an email client, both Windows and MacOS have an email client built in, try setting one of these up using your current email address and password. If it works, great, you have a get out of jail free card, at least for now and can download and save any messages you want to keep.

However if you already access your mail using this method, and it has stopped working, then, I’m afraid, almost certainly VM have deleted the entire login account which has access to the mailbox. If this is the case, then I’m afraid that almost certainly the email is now lost.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Beth_field09 

Thanks for coming back, apologies for missing your reply until now.

@VMUser1812has said exactly what I would have said. VM's deletion process often seems to simple remove access to the webmail account but leave the mailbox itself still live.

That means that email apps such as Microsoft Mail or Apple Mail can still access the account until that gets deleted as well,

Try that see if it works for you.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks