Menu
Athelstan
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Blue Yonder email account deleted in error

Hello,

Can anyone help me, please?  I have mistakenly deleted my @blueyonder.co.uk email account via the profile / account management page while logged in to virginmedia.com yesterday evening.  I was trying to update the main username to replace my late mother's email address with mine and have ended up deleting my account in error.  Now when I try to open my mail I get an error message and cannot view any new emails.  I am desperate to get my @blueyonder.co.uk account reinstated and would be grateful for any help (I have tried to get through to Virgin Media on the phone but so far without success).  I have tried adding my email account back but it only gives me the default option of an @virginmedia.com email account.  If I try to change it to @blueyonder.co.uk it sends a verification email which I cannot access.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Blue Yonder email account deleted in error

As time is of the essence in these cases I have escalated this thread so it should go in the priority queue for the Forum Team staff.

There is no guarantee that they will be able to get the address restored, however they will do what they can.  Keep an eye on this thread for their response.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI Athelstan, we are sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the email. We will send you a private message to look in to this further for you. Chris 

Athelstan
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

Thank you, I have responded to your PM.  Just to make you aware and avoid any possible duplication, I did eventually get through on the phone to speak to someone at Virgin Media earlier this evening who advised that they would pass my query to the IT team.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Athelstan wrote:

Hi Chris,

Thank you, I have responded to your PM.  Just to make you aware and avoid any possible duplication, I did eventually get through on the phone to speak to someone at Virgin Media earlier this evening who advised that they would pass my query to the IT team.

I would always recommend a belt and braces approach with VM email support, so in this case, I wouldn't worry about duplication.  Good that you have replied to the PM and @Chris_W1  will check to ensure the correct action has been referred to the IT team.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos