cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked emails system wrong using different systems a computer and apple I pod suggesting maleware all

command42
Joining in

Checked both sustems no maleware and all clear using Norton & Obit maleware one system is working now but the virginmedia.com will not receive incoming mail stating "Pop3 unable to fetch mail.

Reading most of the problems appear to be virgin attempt to find maleware and miss reading the settings.

I have spent firstly 6 weeks to obtain a usable email numerous calls etc.

Secondly my second email address went down virginmedia.com different receiver  (computer) with Authorization not approved unable to send or receive, finally had a clued up assistant who sorted out both emails addresses in one go unfortunatly 2 days later I can only send but not receive any mail, this appears to be a virgin update that does not help us customers who totally rely on this form of communication and virgin are unable to sort out with promises of within 5 working days.

We need to protest that they remove these updates until normal service is resumed.

No good emailing me any replies !!!!!

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi command42

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the email issue.

Can you try resetting the password for me - to something new, unique never used before. Leave it 30 minutes to see if that resolves the issue? 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

reset password worked for 18 hours then went down pop3 unable to obtain email able to send but not to receive.

Very frustrating as overall 7 weeks it has taken the experts to remedy the VIRGIN FAULT their software introduced appears to be mis-reading customers emails.

I did by myself without any assisance change the incoming address from pop3 to IMAP this at the moment is receiving and sending all emails.

A further point is my apple iphone is able to receive emails before I found the solution to the computer blockage.

Very poor service throughout with one exception and I still cannot get email direct from Virgin Mail when logging in.

Hi command42

Thanks for coming back to me.

Is the service now working at all? If not, is this via webmail, email client or both?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill