Menu
MarkS3
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Blocked email account

I have an email account that I've used for years. Unfortunately, I cannot access it any more. Last week, it wouldn't let me send emails because it said they were spam. Then it was blocked completely.

I've tried to reset it but I don't have a Virginmedia account number nor a Virgin phone contract.

I've tried to log in to the account but the password no longer works. In order to reset the password I need a security answer and a date of birth but I don't think I've ever given those details to Virginmedia as it's an old account. 

Trying to contact Virginmedia on the phone is impossible if you don't have an account number.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blocked email account

Unfortunately for you your email address has been on borrowed time since you ceased to be a Virgin media broadband customer/or since they switched off the old dial up service.

It looks as if you have tried all the usual options to retrieve an orphaned account.

The only support VM will provide is to ensure the email address has been completely shut down and deleted from their systems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MarkS3
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Graham,

Thanks for this. How about if I take out a new contract with Virginmedia. Will that let me get my email account back?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If the email address shows as valid when checking at mailtester.com, there is a slim chance you may be able to get it moved to a new VM broadband account.

But I suggest you have a serious think as to whether the expense required is worthwhile to access an old email account that will be lost again if you subsequently leave VM as a broadband customer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

MarkS3
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Graham,

Thanks for your help with this. However, I found a number to text Virgin Media on. After a few questions via text, they reset the password on my email account, so I can receive emails again. I've updated my account with information that I need to recover the account in the future, such as date of birth.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update, you got lucky.

I would stress that, as the email address is not connected to a current VM broadband account, it remains on borrowed time.  The clean up process for such orphaned accounts will eventually catch up and it will be deleted.

Make the most of your reprieve to backup emails you want to keep and your contact list before you permanently lose access to it.

0 Kudos