cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked address

reub777
On our wavelength

I have stopped getting alerts by email from a web site I use regularly. I contacted them and they said their email address has been blocked by me ? I am 100% sure I haven't and also I deleted all my black list. I replied and told them only to be told there is nothing they can do and for me to contact Virgin ?

Can anyone help ???

6 REPLIES 6

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@reub777 wrote:

I contacted them and they said their email address has been blocked by me ?  Can anyone help ???

Without knowing the exact error message / Non Delivery Report that the email sender is getting it is just guesswork what is going on. Sadly in these cases most organisations simply push you back to your email provider when in fact it is the sender who has more information about why an email has been blocked.

However, there are a few things you could check:

1) That you have no filter rules set up in your Webmail account and if you do you should disable them temporarily and see if new emails from that sender start coming through. The reason I suggest that is because the webmail filters can have unintended consequences so disabling them rules that out as a possible cause.

2) That your spam settings are NOT set to "Reject all spam messages" because if VM are flagging those emails as spam they will be rejected and a message sent back to the sender. (Possibly that is what they are seeing)  Follow steps 1 to 4 below to do that.

spam settings.png

3) Finally you could check to see if the domain name of the sender is blacklisted anywhere.  Here is the link to one of those blacklist checkers https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx     Enter the domain name (the part after the @ symbol in the sending address) into the box and click "blacklist check". (So for example if you were checking on emails from the address "info@thiswebsite.co.uk" you would enter "thiswebsite.co.uk"

Post back here how you get on with those suggestions. If they do not yield any obvious issues it would be worth getting in touch with the website again to see if they can give you more precise details of the Non Delivery report they are getting.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @reub777,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear you're having some trouble getting emails from a particular sender. Has the advice provided by @coenoby helped at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

reub777
On our wavelength

Yes...waiting for reply from sender about exact error message.

Do please keep us updated @reub77 and we'll be happy to help where possible 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

reub777
On our wavelength

No answer from them, so I've gone somewhere else.

Thanks for your help...

Hi reub777, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that they have not responded. Please let us know if you need any further assistance with anything? Have a good week. ^Chris