Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Blocked Email

I set my Virgin email up when I joined about 5 years ago. I don't remember using it. However it is now blocked due to IMAP credentials being incorrect. Obviously I can log onto all other areas of the forum, how come my passwords don't work for this account?

Is there anyway of recovering it rather than randomly guessing the password or being put on hold for an hour and a half? (it's not that important) - If I delete the account, will I be allowed to make a new one with the same address? Or will I lose the address?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blocked Email

You could try the forgotten password route:

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Nice link! It looked so promising.... it recognised my username, then it allowed me to reset my password, but when I tried entering it into the IMAP password, it wasn't having any of it of it! It gave me a big green tick and said the account had been updated, then promptly went back to being blocked again!

Thanks for the help though... that link should be stickied! 😉

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kriptikchicken, 

Sorry for the delay in us replying, we have been busier than usual. 

Can you advise if you've been able to access your email account since you posted? 

Do let us know as we can help further from here. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos