Menu
jomry
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Blockage of outgoing email content

When forwarding email with "wingsoverscotland.com" anywhere in text, server returns message 

SPAM Content Found (VM603) BHhQlU2cZA92sBHhQlfoax

Why are my outgoing e-mails being censored like this? Is this malicious spam reportage?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Blockage of outgoing email content

@jomry wrote:

Why are my outgoing e-mails being censored like this? Is this malicious spam reportage?

Outgoing emails are not being censored and to claim so is wrong.

Issue of possible false positive has been flagged to forum team; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jomry
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response.

I do not know what you mean by an issue of false positive. All I know is that both outgoing and incoming e-mails containing links to the site in question are being blocked. This is indeed censorship. Whether it is deliberate or not is a matter for investigation. My own supposition is that the site has been maliciously ( and falsely) reported as a spamming site. Whatever, the outcome, political interference is never a good thing.

Thank you for your input

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

FYI: the term false positive, refers to the spam filtering logic whereby an email is wrongly identified as spam.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The issue seems to be resolved. Can you confirm same?

0 Kudos
jomry
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes. It seems to have cleared yesterday so thank you for efforts you have made to resolve the issue.

it would be very useful to know what were the circumstances leading to this situation, particularly at a time when parties opposed to the political stance of the website have been increasing pressure for it to be curtailed.

I would like to think that what has occurred has some innocent technical explanation. I hope that when VM get around to answering my complaint they will be able to provide a satisfactory explanation and that, if their blacklisting of the site has been a reaction to malicious reporting, they will be able to say so.

Thank you again.

0 Kudos