cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisted Mail Server

davidas99
On our wavelength

Just had 2 emails bounced, with report that IP address 84.116.50.35 has been blacklisted by Spamhaus and / or Invaluement and /or ReturnPath. This IP address resolves to Libery Global (VM's owner) in Amsterdam.

Any ideas VM?

David

6 REPLIES 6

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @davidas99,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue, I would like to go about looking into this with you but would need to go about confirming some details in a private message.

Joe

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@davidas99 wrote:

Just had 2 emails bounced, with report that IP address 84.116.50.35 has been blacklisted by Spamhaus and / or Invaluement and /or ReturnPath. This IP address resolves to Libery Global (VM's owner) in Amsterdam.

IP Address no longer appears to be blacklisted:
2023-09-20.jpeg
Can you confirm issue is resolved?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

I don't know about the OP's problem, but I'm getting an email bounced because this server (or a close relative) is blacklisted elsewhere:

550-rejected because 84.116.50.34 is in a black list at dul.sorbs.dnsbl
550 Dynamic IP Addresses See: http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?84.116.50.34

Hi prole,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see your I P is showing as blocked die to your or a relative being black listed, is this happeing on the one Email you are trying to send?

Regards

Paul.

So far only one email is being returned undelivered. To be clear, it is the Liberty Global server IP that is reportedly blacklisted.

Yes, I’m afraid Paul has misunderstood what you were saying. The IP address is one of Ziggo’s (another Liberty Global company) who host VM’s email provision. This, alas, happens from time to time and generally gets fixed after a couple of days.

Some might say that if LG and Ziggo’s staff actually knew how to run an email provision, then this wouldn’t happen regularly. Naturally, I couldn’t comment!*

* of course this is a massive over generalisation. I suspect the techs themselves know exactly how this stuff works, of course if they aren’t given the resources required then……