Menu
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Bitcoin Spam

Only started maybe three or four days ago and only on an evening for some reason, I get a lot of bitcoin spam mail. Have not signed up for anything or joined anything of late but get sometimes up to several at a time, I just moved them to my spam folder. Is there any other way of stopping them going to my primary account than just adding them manually to my spam folder ? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Bitcoin Spam

ff it is coming from the same or nearly same sender, you can set up a filter (see this thread for ideas https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/SPAM-AND-MORE-SPAM/m-p/4169292 or anything from Boothy99).

Also, you can report to spamcop.net.  It is a bit fiddly to join, but then very satisfying to report them, knowing that the server or resource they have hijacked can be rescued.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have been getting bitcoin spam and netflix phishing emails, is this related to the data breach incident?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@GMAN73 wrote:

is this related to the data breach incident?

It is possible of course but spammers use a wide range of techniques to get email addresses. Although VM have recently had a data breach the fact that you have just started getting these spam emails is not a smoking gun that the two are related.

Here are just a few to give you an  idea:  https://www.lifewire.com/how-spammers-get-email-addresses-1173992

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer