Menu
dodge61
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Binning my old blueyonder account

Ok, number of questions from a not particularly tech savvy user:

I've had my @blueyonder.co.uk mail address since Ifirst got a PC many moons ago, with Virgin the supplier since day 1.

Currently I use Outlook for my mail client, but I'm finding this becoming worse and worse in handling spam, and really only want to use my Gmail account from now on. 

Is it easy to set up some kind of transfer system so all mails directed to @blueyonder go straight to Gmail account?

And on that basis, if I only use Gmail, can I still view that account in Virgin webmail?

Finally, is it easy to set up multiple gmail accounts on just one Google profile?

Thanks for all help

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Binning my old blueyonder account

Hi dodge61,

Thanks for posting, and sorry for the late reply.

Log in to webmail, go to Settings>Email>Auto-Forward. Then there's an option to forward all incoming email messages to an address you choose.

This means all emails will be forwarded from the Blueyonder address to the one you specify, so it will show that all emails come from you (rather than the original sender)

Long term it would be best to notify those using the Blueyonder address to use the new one 🙂

Hope this helps,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Binning my old blueyonder account

@Alex_RM wrote:

This means all emails will be forwarded from the Blueyonder address to the one you specify, so it will show that all emails come from you (rather than the original sender)

As far as I know forwarded emails will show the original sender and recipient information.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos