Menu
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Basic Filter Question

I have read quite a lot about filters here and on VM 'Help' but I need a simple example of how to create a filter including several words like 'Norton' 'Symantec' 'Prize' in the heading and body of the incoming e-mail. I may not be separating the words correctly but nothing is ending up with a red flag in Spam as I would expect. Quite a lot are in Spam but a few still turn up unflagged in my Inbox.

At present, I do not have a flood of Spam but the pace has quickened and I would like to get the hang of this kind of filter before it becomes a flood.

By the way, I have other filters that work OK but not this one. An example would be great, here and in 'Help'.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Basic Filter Question

Here is one example:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Daily-Spam-re-Norton-Mcafee/m-p/4590302#M210990

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ahrbee
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Basic Filter Question

Thank you. I have printed it off and I will give it a go later. It would be helpful if such detailed explanations of filters was available on Virgin Media 'Help'.

As it happens, this morning - no spam!

Thanks again. I will report back what happens.

0 Kudos