cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoforward of emails - how to turn off?

sdu60
On our wavelength

There is a title above the email listing when I open the web email display page saying "Autoforward is active" I click on the cancel (x) button but it reappears each time I reopen the page.

Furthermore it appears that the control button/box in the settings/email area of the web mail page for selecting autoforward is always green. It seems impossible to turn it off. If I click the autoforward box hoping to turn it off, it goes to the next page and says mail is forwarded to outlook.com but I don't have an email of this address and don't want mail sent there as it seems a security risk..
How is it the autoforward routine turned off?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not sure why you cannot turn it off. Try going to ⚙ > E-mail > Filter Rules and delete the Auto Forward rule.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not sure why you cannot turn it off. Try going to ⚙ > E-mail > Filter Rules and delete the Auto Forward rule.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

sdu60
On our wavelength

Yes: Did not realize "filter" selection controlled auto forward on/off as well.

Thanks

Hi @sdu60

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I can see the community have responded with some helpful information.

I am happy to see this has resolved the issue for you 🙂

Please pop back to us should you need any further assistance. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide