I completed request two days ago.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: Auto forwarding of Email

If you are enquiring about the setting in VM webmail that forwards your email to a different email address, then the setting takes effect immediately.  If you made a 'request' by a different method, can you tell us what that is?

I assume that it is not working as you imagined.  What is the problem, we can try to diagnose and get it to do what you want.

Settings button best.JPG.png            Filter.JPG

Autoforward window.PNG

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

After the auto-forward rule is set new email received to your Inbox should be forwarded on.To troubleshoot the issue sign into webmail and check:

• are there new emails in your Inbox?
  • was the Keep a copy of the message option selected when setting up the auto-forward rule?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

ess1
Superfast
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for very prompt replies.

I completed Auto forward properly.   Selected forward copy this AM as no mails were received in selected account since nominating.

Auto forward tried as I do not seem to have any answer to my: "https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Settings-Email-Filter-Deleting/m-p/4237914#M190859".   Indeed I now only receive mail from one address other than VM Community due to my filter problem.

Rather a mess I'm afraid

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Amend the auto-forward by deselecting Process subsequent rules; this will stop other filter rules from running against the matched message in case they are causing an issue.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I think you should disable all those filters and clear the blacklist before worrying about auto-forwarding.  If nothing or little is arriving, then there is nothing to forward.  I had a look at your previous correspondence before engaging in this thread and assumed you had followed the advice to go back to a clean sheet.

Also, it might help you to know that I find that my yahoo address sends forwarded VM community emails to its spam folder.  Check that at the forwarded address' mailbox.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ess1
Superfast
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for continued assistance.

As posted, I have over two pages of Filter items.   Each deletion causes the programme to hang.   I am unable to use computer so I tried to use the auto forward as suggested elsewhere.

Just will have to be patient until someone from the VM team picks up.   Meanwhile I have to log in through LastPast to each address where I expect mail, in order to pick up my mail.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning ess1,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and I'm sorry to see you've been having an issue with auto forwarding E-Mails.

Can you please attempt to change the settings on a computer, using a browser with the cache cleared if possible to see if this can be resolved for your auto forwarding issue on web mail?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

ess1
Superfast
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hello David_Bn,

Thanks for endeavouring to assist. Appreciated.

I cleared cache on another computer and, each time I tried to delete Filter item, received report that "not responding due to long running script". Each time I OK'd or cancelled (can't remember exactly) I could go through Settings>Filter etc. On computer I use I do not receive this. It just hangs.
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hello ess1,

Can you make sure you are doing it like this please 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos