Menu
philsteer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Auto-forwarded emails not received

I use an email address that is registered with another hosting provider and auto-forwarded by them to my VirginMedia email address. This has worked successfully for years, but since early Christmas Eve I have been unable to receive any forwarded messages.

I have performed extensive testing an investigation with the hosting provider, and the issue is only with emails auto-forwarded to VirginMedia - the same message is successfully auto-forwarded from the hosting provider to my GMail account. (I can also successfully send messages directly to the VirginMedia email address, so the problem is not with the VirginMedia account itself.)

It appears to me that VirginMedia must be rejecting the auto-forwarded messages (which it didn't to before). It is vital that I get this resolved, but it is completely out of my hands. I would be very grateful for any advice or assistance. 

If it's of any help, the hosting provider is the Paragon Internet Group (TSOHost) and my VirginMedia email address is in the ntlworld.com domain.

Many thanks.

Best Regards, Phil

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Auto-forwarded emails not received

Hi Phil, 

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the email forwarding. 

Are you able to send me a private message including the email address and email header from one of the mails that won't forward?

I will then pass this along to our Internet security team to look into 🙂

Alex_Rm

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Morning philsteer,

Thanks for sending those details over for me 🙂

I've passed this along to our security team, I'll pop you over an update when I hear back from them.

Alex_Rm

philsteer
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Alex,

I'm pleased to say that I started receiving forwarded emails at my ntlword.com account on Monday. I'd be interested to know what your security team found, and what was changed to allow the forwarded emails through - just for the record (in case the problem arises again). Many thanks.

Best Regards,

Phil

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi philsteer,

I'm glad to hear that this has been resolved for you. 

Any changes done with the security team would be kept internal. 

^Martin

0 Kudos