Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Another one unable to access emails

Hi

Having read a few threads on here, I am another one who is unable to access my emails since last Friday. This affects my account and all other secondary accounts as well.

I do have current broadband but did disconnect my tv recently. Trying to get through on the phone is obviously impossible, as others have said, you do not even get to speak to anyone before the phone gets cut off.

Can anyone assist with getting this resolved?

I will try to pop back on when I can, obviously, any reply will get sent to an email address I cannot currently access...

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another one unable to access emails

Additionally, I am not using Chrome, but Edge and IE.

Also tried on my works laptop with no success and on my phone as well using Safari. Also, was getting incorrect password so changed that as well.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, anyone????

Cannot even try and call anyone now as call centres seem to be closed and need this for work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well, an update for anyone interested....

I have had no communications from anyone on here from VM, even after reporting the post to the Mods Team and PMing the Mod team directly.

I have tried the 07533 051809 number and after waiting 2 days for someone to come back to me, made me go through all the steps that I had already done on multiple platforms and as soon as I told them that my email ended in @virginmedia.com, was told that they were going to speak to a manager and to hold on for a short while, only for them to close the text message case the next day with no reply.

I am now having to start the while process again. I have no Virginmedia email accounts working, my partner has no Virginmedia accounts working (runs off my main email account as a secondary), my other Virginmedia account does not work (again a secondary) but a brand new account made Monday does work perfectly (again a secondary account off my main Virginmedia account). If I try to send an email to any of these inaccessible accounts, it "bounces back" as if the account is disabled or closed, so not an access error my end or from any browsers.

I am now having to be in work instead of working from home as my work email had been set to forward to the home email and I cannot now access them.

If anyone from VM actually cares about their customers, could they please reply on this thread with contact details for me!!!!!!!!!

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ian, 

thanks for your post, I can see why you're so frustrated with this issue. Lets see how I can help.

I saw above that you don't have broadband and you recently disconnected your TV services, does this now mean you're not a customer at all now? If so, it could be the reason why your Email has ceased to work, as it needs an active account connected to it.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello and genuinely, thank you for replying to me, it is appreciated.

I currently have broadband and landline phone with yourselves but disconnected my tv service only in February.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ian, 

thanks for coming back to me so quickly, and you're welcome 🙂

Can I ask what is happening when you try to get into your emails? Error messages or loops?

Also, are you able to log into your online account with no issues? There is a section for your emails on there which may be able to help going forward. 

Let me know.

Megan_L

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan, I get messages either saying HTTP500 Internal Server Error, or saying that the mailbox is currently unavailable and to try again in an hour or so or to contact yourselves depending on which device I am using.

Using the Email option from within my actual VM account just now, I get the HTTP 500 error. I can see the actual "accounts" but if I try to access mail from any of them I get the error messages.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for that, Ian. 

It seems there is an error with our servers, I'll create an IT ticket for this so our tech team can have a look. I'm not sure when they would be able to resolve it, under normal circumstances it would usually take between 3 and 5 working days. However we don't have as many hands on deck at the moment. 

Nevertheless I'll send you a PM now so I can gather some more information from you and send it off. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

All I can say to Megan is "wow" and "thank you".

In just a few hours, this lovely lass has managed to go from me having nothing but email issues to having my phone going mental with almost 500 email downloads and me having some faith restored in at least 1 person in VM. I do not know what she said to the IT guys but it must have been as bad as what I am like with my minions in work when necessary.

It appears that there may have been a server issue at VM (I suspect maybe from my tv service disconnection???) but all is now working again at the moment.

Well done.

0 Kudos