cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another email issue

lithurge
Dialled in

Hi, like a few others I'm having issues accessing my email via web browser. For some reason it asked for my password today to login, which I've totally forgotten.

So I'm trying to reset it using the reset password option, but when I get to the screen that asks me to enter a new password it tells me 'Requirements not met', when I try to use the second field to re-enter and confirm the password.

I get a tick and the text about being between 8 & 64 characters turns green, but the text underneath stating it must not contain your username has a cross and remains black.This is despite the fact it doesn't contain my username.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi lithurge,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're having difficulties accessing your email through via web browser. 

Can we ask if you're able to try a different web browser, also delete all cookies/caches and history.

If possible, try an alternative device.

If this does not work, please come back to us and we will update your password from here.

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi lithurge,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're having difficulties accessing your email through via web browser. 

Can we ask if you're able to try a different web browser, also delete all cookies/caches and history.

If possible, try an alternative device.

If this does not work, please come back to us and we will update your password from here.

Kind regards Jodi. 

lithurge
Dialled in

Ok thanks Jodi, I had to forward it from my phone to another email account so I could access it on my desktop as that was where I couldn't login to my VM email, but that did allow me to reset the password and I'm now able to login on the desktop again.

Great news lithurge,

Thanks for the update. I'm pleased you were able to reset the password and access your emails again. 

You can now relax and enjoy the rest of you weekend. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back here and we'll gladly help as much as we can.

All the best, Jodi. 

I'm having the same issue with not being able to access my email account and have tried everything you have suggested already. I am getting intermittent emails on my mobile, but I need to access on a browser as I have filtered mail that I don't get access to on a phone.

Hi @ampengy 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies you are having email issues. Can you give us a little more clarity on the issues you are facing, is it access issues in relation to your password needing to be changed?

Let us know so we can assist more directly.

Sabrina

Hi,

Yes it’s a password reset thang. 
I’ve tried and called the help number provided but it doesn’t give me the option I need to get help.

It’s a virgin.net email account

Thanks for your reply, what has happened when you've tried to reset this password via webmail here?

Let us know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules