Menu
Mariepw55
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Annoying emails

These emails that people keeping posting about from McAfee and Norton  I received 18 of them yesterday.  Can I ask does anyone know why we are suddenly being bombarded with them and if anything is being done to try and stop them

0 Kudos
jra505
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Annoying emails

I'd like to know the answer to this one too!

I've set filters to get rid of all emails that have Norton or McAfee in the subject, but it doesn't always work since sometimes the only place Norton or McAfee is mentioned is in a picture in the body of the email.

Quite often these emails only have an image in the body of the text - no text at all. Is there not some way to reject all such "image only" emails?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Most of the recent misidentified spam I receive is caught by the the filter rule detailed here Re: I want spam for the present.; be aware this rule requires exception be added to it for newsletter you wish to receive.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DaveW96
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Looks like there are many similar complaints and that includes me. I tried filtering for apparent email addresses got some, then I tried filtering based on Mailing list, as many seemed to contain common details. But then they soon started getting through again.

However I have now  succeeded in getting all this crap moved to my Spam folder by replacing the many I had set up with a single filter:-

Sent Date     Lower    04/10/2020

I am going to copy this to others in the same boat, hopefully it will work for you too. ..

0 Kudos