cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An unknown alternative email on my profile that I cannot delete.

richard167
Joining in

Hi, 

I have noticed that there is an alternative email address attached to my web space on my profile.  I am unable to delete it as it is not showing on 'manage my accounts'.  Is this connected to my virgin media address somehow ?  I do not remember having any other blueyonder addresses apart from the one that i am using now.

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@richard167 It will be an alias address to your primary blueyonder email address that was probably setup many years ago.  Soon after NTL/Telewest re branded as Virgin Media a new email system was put in place and VM randomly allocated one of the blueyonder alias addresses as the primary username for the account.  Originally the blueyonder email address consisted of two letters followed by a series of numbers and letters.  It was them possible to create a more friendly name as an alias.

The alias addresses share the same mailbox and password as the parent email address and cannot be deleted independently.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for the explanation which is very helpful.  I was worried that someone had somehow got into my account so this has put my mind at rest.