Menu
Highlighted
JeepSwensonfan
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Amazon email redirecting.

Someone has hacked my amazon account, and is obviously redirecting emails, the otp emails, from amazon to themselves, bypassing my inbox. Amazon themselves have tried sending these otp's to my inbox, but I don't receive them, and they don't go into my spam folder, just don't receive them at all.

Could someone look into this for me, as it has caused serious fraud.

I have changed my password with virgin as a precaution.

Thanks.

Also, I don't use phones, because of my mental illness, so telling me to phone virgin is a no go, unless I'm allowed someone to phone on my behalf, like my carer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon email redirecting.

I suggest you follow the advice in this help article, paying particular attention to point four re filters and forwarding: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-compromised-mailbox-alert

Edited to add: @ModTeam can you advise the op on how to set up third party access for their carer or other authorised person to administer the account on their behalf.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
JeepSwensonfan
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

There is no email address in the auto forward option.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Select (located towards top right), Settings, ▸ Email, Filter Rules and make sure there are no unexpected rule; if there are consider disabling them whilst you secure you account and coming back later to decide what to do with them.
2019-08-04.jpeg

Highlighted
JeepSwensonfan
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

Someone keeps changing my virgin media password, and everytime I try to reset my password, it says some fields are missing, then redirects me to enter my username over and over again.

I am getting really fed up with these hacks on my account. Is there any way to authenticate it with my mobile, as it is plainly obvious that my account has been compromised..

Highlighted
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Have you changed your security questions as well?

Please follow ALL the steps in the compromised mailbox help file, as Graham_A advised in message 2.

And consider if you want a more secure email service with 2FA especially for those other online services that have your financial and personal information stored.  VM have no plans to add this, to my knowledge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi JeepSwensonfan,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with the password being changed. Can you follow the steps as advised above by our community?

We absolutely appreciate that not everyone is able to call and so there are other options available. You can have a power of attorney set up on your account, should you wish to do so, and this gives a third party the ability to talk to us about anything at all.
If you didn't want to do this, then you could arrange for the third party to call us, and if they are able to pass data protection, we can discuss certain aspects of the account with them. 

Alternatively, you can always contact us here 🙂

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
JeepSwensonfan
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

Thank you both for your suggestions. Once I am able to sign in, I will change my security question and password. I think my computer is compromised, so going to format it and start again. Nothing shows up in a deep scan, but it may be too deep imbedded.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No worries, please let us know how you get on or if you need further assistance. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
JeepSwensonfan
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

Can you get someone to fix the change password screen? It keeps saying that something went wrong with loading and it will be fixed soon. I can grab a screenshot if it would help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos