Menu
willow48
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Am getting another persons scam emails ( For them not from them)

Help.  My wife has received in her inbox the other night a dozen or so scam emails that are addressed to another VM person; but have come through to her address --  plus a couple to her own correct email address.

All have been Blacklisted and sent to Trash.  We are still getting them today.

What is the answer please ??

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Am getting another persons scam emails ( For them not from them)

Your wife's email address will likely be in the blind copy field (bcc).  It is the method used to send emails to multiple addresses without disclosing the individual addresses to each recipient.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

willow48
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Graham,

Thanks for the reply.  The problem is that each email about (14 so far) comes from a different address. So I have to Blacklist each one. They are either about making money or curing health problems. The addresses are a mix of letters  then , for example, @ klute.deputiorms.com for this other person called [Removed]   -- yet my wife also gets the message!    Should I send this person an email ??

Also, the few sent to my wife's address  are same subjects- money/health. ending- example:  @forgerwits.com

How can I stop these "Pains"

I hope you or somebody in the Community can help.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You could try using a filter such as the one suggested by Boothy99 in this thread: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Rejecting-spam/m-p/4124726#M184399

You would need to adapt it for the domains that you spam emails are coming from.

There is little point you contacting the other VM user in the 'To' field as they will just be another innocent victim of the spammers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just append |deputiorms.com|forgerwits.com to the RegExp value suggested in Boothy99's post.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
willow48
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Problem  appears to have gone away. I hope I am not speaking too soon !!

0 Kudos