cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All emails

sue40
Joining in

Was told that historic emails would be restored - don't really use ntlworld so not expecting anything.  Came as big surprise to over 15000 emails in my inbox.  You have restored every email I ever had with ntlworld..  Can you imagine trying to get rid of all those.  Please advise what the problem is and how I can get rid of them easily.  Can't believe you have done this virgin media.

3 REPLIES 3

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @sue40 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see that you've had more emails recovered than expected, we'll ensure this is fed back to the support team. The only way to get rid of those ones you don't need would be to go through and delete them. We are unable to do this from here.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sue40 wrote:

Was told that historic emails would be restored - don't really use ntlworld so not expecting anything.  Came as big surprise to over 15000 emails in my inbox.  You have restored every email I ever had with ntlworld..  Can you imagine trying to get rid of all those.  Please advise what the problem is and how I can get rid of them easily.  Can't believe you have done this virgin media.

If an email client was used to read emails using POP3 then this issue maybe due to Virgin Media's non-standard implementation of POP3 on server, i.e. server does not honour POP3 client's request to delete message.

Make sure you have up to date backups of your emails and then in webmail there are two options for removing messages from your Inbox folder, select and then either:

• Archive old messages, to move messages older than 90 days to a by year subfolder under Archive folder
  • Delete all messages, moves all message to Trash folder where they are stored for 7-days before being permanently deleted.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

I have now deleted them all - went back to 2010 and all would have been deleted in the past.  Not at all happy with the time this took or that it has been able to happen. Something obviously went very wrong and hope thos doesn't happen again as so time consuming.  Hope this isn't happening to other people as well.