cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias deactivated

tb46uk
On our wavelength

One of my @virginmedia.com email aliases has been deactivated.  Despite numerous calls to technical support, it remains so.  Is there anything I can do to get it looked at and reinstated, please?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@tb46uk wrote:

Is there anything I can do to get it looked at and reinstated, please?

Before offering any advice on how to proceed, it would be useful if you could post the error message that you get when you sign into that  virginmedia.com email address here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  That would give an good idea of  the actual situation / status of that email account.

If it is "Your mailbox is not available at the moment.............." you could try following the advice Virgin Media have posted here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... That often, but sadly not always, re-enables the account without you having to get VM to do it.

Just to clarify those instructions. Once you have signed into your My Virgin Media account you access the "My Profile" and "Manage Accounts" screens by clicking on "Account Settings" and then "Account details" .

If you are seeing a different error message just post it here.

Out of interest, is this the same email account you referred to in your early post where you were having issues setting up an account in Spark? If so did you follow up VIP @用心棒  's suggestion to run that Curl command?

curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password

The output from that could also give more information on exactly what is amiss with that virginmedia.com email account.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi tb46uk

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that one of your email addresses has been deactivated. We can certainly look into this for your, however before we do this, as our valued member @coenoby has given some excellent advice, are you able to post the error message you receive when trying to sign in?

We would suggest the solution @@coenoby has recommended first. If this has not resolved the issue, please come back to us for further assistance.

Kind regards Jodi.