Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Address book

I have recently set up an additional email address @virginmedia.com. If I login to the old email address account @ntlworld.com I can access my address book and see all my contacts however if I login to my new email address my address folder is empty and none of my contacts show. As such I am unable to forward on any messages or when creating a new email message I have no contacts.

How can I get my contacts to list on my new email account as well as my old email account irrespective as to which account I initially log into.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Address book

Hello

The address book is tied the the email account, how are you accessing the emails ? If you are doing this by webmail you will need to export them and then import them on the new account, there is no way of syncing them between the two automatically.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You would need to export the contacts from the ntlworld email address and import them into the virginmedia one.  Help file here:

virgin-media-mail-exporting-contacts 

Alternatively you could add the virginmedia email address to the webmail view of the ntlworld one and then you can just use the one address book.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick response.
At the moment I am following your second option which works fine however as I am trying to use the new virginmedia email as my main account and the ntlworld as secondary it would be beneficial to have the address book on the new account. I will have a go at trying to export the contacts from ntlworld but I'm not sure how to import them into the virgin media account.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Basically it is a reverse of the export process. You will see the option to Import listed below the option to Export.

virgin-media-mail-how-to-use-email-address-book 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Success. I finally worked out what to do and now have my contacts all listed in the new virgin media email account.
Many thanks for your help.
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi mikethesaint,

I'm glad the members above managed to help get this sorted out for you 🙂 

If you need any further help please just let the community know and if they can't resolve it, we can always step in!

Thanks,

Megan_L