Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Additonal Email Password

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help - got an additional email which shows when I login to my virgin account, for some reason the password isn't now working - does anyone know if it had to be the same password as the original email or different?

Thanks Dan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Additonal Email Password

If it is a secondary account it would normally have a different password to the primary account, unless you chose the same one for each account.

To change passwords:

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham thanks for this but this is an additional email linked to the primary account I think. As it shows when I login to the primary account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If it is an alias of the primary email then it will use the same password. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham,

It's not an alias its an additional inbox in the primary account. If I use the same password with that email it comes up and says 'The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.'

Any thoughts?

Thanks Dan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It sounds like you are referring to an additional address that has been added in the VM webmail page.

You can check the settings for the account by clicking on the settings icon on the webmail page.

If the password isn't working you will need to change it, but this would have to be done via the correct settings page for the email address concerned.

Is it a Virginmedia email or one from another email provider?

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes that's correct so when in settings it shows both emails it is the 2nd one showing the warning. it is a virginmedia.com email

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

In that case you will need to change the password for that email address using the method set out in message 2.

Once you have done this you can update the settings in webmail.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This does not solve the issue - are you saying change the password for the primary account and then use that for the other email?

In my profile it doesn't show that email address to change the password, but does in the webmail settings...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If the email address does not appear under the My Profile or Manage accounts sections when signed into your primary account then it begs the question who does the address belong to?

Perhaps it is from a previous account you held with VM.