Menu
lajoie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Adding a blueyonder.co.uk account

Hello,

I used to have windows live mail which was used for my email and my wife`s email. I have changed my PC and I understand you cant download Windows live mail. I can see my emails on Virgin Media but, I have been unable to add my wife`s account. Anyone know how to resolve this? I have tried using adding account without any joy. I am not aware of any password for Windows live mail. 

Would be grateful for any assistance, thanks, Steve

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Adding a blueyonder.co.uk account

@lajoie wrote:

I can see my emails on Virgin Media but, I have been unable to add my wife`s account.

So is your wife able to see her emails when she uses her blueyonder address and password to sign into her account from this link? https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
lajoie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. No I am only able to see my own. I have been unable to add my wife`s email.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@lajoie wrote:

Thanks for the reply. No I am only able to see my own. I have been unable to add my wife`s email.

The point I was trying to make is that your wife (or yourself) should be able to view her emails by entering her email address and her password into the link  https://mail2.virginmedia.com/😉 

if you cannot do that If that then we need to find out why and sort that out before moving on and explaining how to add her address in to your webmail account.(if indeed you decide that is still necessary).

I hope that makes sense.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@lajoie wrote:

Thanks for the reply. No I am only able to see my own.

Sorry to come back so soon but can I just ask you to test something please?

I assume that if you can see your emails you can also send emails, so...........can I ask you to send a test email to your wife's email address and post back whether you receive that test message in your inbox?

That would be really help with advising you how to proceed.

Many thanks for that.

Coenoby

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello @lajoie,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that you are having issues with your email.

I can see that you have been given the correct instructions to follow, please can you try this and let us know how it is getting on?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lajoie
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello again, I have sent my wife an email. It is in my sent mail and hasnt been returned to my inbox.

Would be grateful for any info as to how we can get access to her account. 

Thanks, Steve

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@lajoie wrote:

I have sent my wife an email. It is in my sent mail and hasnt been returned to my inbox.

Would be grateful for any info as to how we can get access to her account.

Thanks for that.

The reason I asked was that there were two types of Blueyonder addresses. They could be set up so that they were standalone email accounts but it was possible to set up a main account and an "alias" account. An alias email account was  just another was of referring to the main address and any emails sent to the alias account automatically appeared in the main account.

By doing that test you seem to have proved that your wife's account is not an alias account.

So for now i am going to assume that the reason you have been unsuccessful in using the "Add email account" option in VM Webmail is simply that you do not know the password for your wife's Blueyonder account. You have not actually said that is the reason but at the moment I cannot see what else there could be. 🤔

The easiest way to get round that is to create a brand new password for her account. Try using your email address and password to sign into this link https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn 

if you can sign in successfully, go to the "My profile" tab and click on "Manage accounts" - you should then see this screen

change manage.png

Do you see your wife's email address listed there?

If you do, click on "View/change" to the right of her address and that will take you to a screen where you can change the existing password on your wife's account to one that you know. Over type the dots with a new password which must be 8-10 letters or numbers in length and the first character must be a letter.Special  character such as @ * and & are not allowed.

if you can successfully change the password you should then be able to add your wife's email account to your Webmail account.

Be aware though that you do not need to add her account to your Webmail account (unless you particularly want to keep an eye on her emails 😯) because she can use her email address and the password you have just created to access her own emails directly from this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

Post back again if you are still having problems but in my defence I am working on the very limited information you have provided so I am not sure how much more I can help. 😉

Coenoby

Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

HI @lajoie,

Thanks for getting back to us about this issue! 

As @coenoby suggested, both yours and your wife's accounts are separate email accounts. Would you be able to let us know how you're getting on with the diagnostic steps outlined in the previous post? 

This will really help us know if you have any form of access to this other email account.

Please keep us updated. 

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lajoie
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Wow, thanks, sorted it seems. Many thanks for taking the time to help us out, very much appreciated.

0 Kudos