Menu
Hillary1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Added a new Virginmedia email - it won't work

Hi

I added another email address to my account recently ( I have 4 others already which are working), but the new one will not work.

I tried logging via the mail.virginmedia page and also adding it to my Outlook mail client but it coming as "not existing".

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Added a new Virginmedia email - it won't work

Hi there Hillary1,

I've had a nosey at your details and can confirm I can see all five emails. I've ensured that they are all enabled (just in case), are you able to try the problem email again?

If it still doesn't work, can you tell us more about what you see such as have you tried resetting the password, what error message pops up and on which page/step?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Hillary1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

No it didn't work.

I reset the password as you suggested it accepts it. I then go to username login. When I input my username/login (for authentication)- it still says "we didn't recognise your username/password".

What do you suggest now?

When I choose a password, I get no message that says it is unacceptable.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back @Hillary1

Can I ask where you are trying to log into the email currently? Can you see the new email listed when you log into your MyVirginMedia account? 

Looks like you're now getting a different error to what you were having before.

Whilst I can see 5 emails on your account, none of them were created recently. I'll pop you a quick Private Message so we can go through some security and get the details of the email in question and go from there. 

Please look out for a Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Hillary1

Thanks so much for your private message and for supplying all the information. 

I can confirm that the email address in question is listed on your account - I have manually provisioned this from here for you. Please can I first ask you to sign into your MyVirginMedia account for me to check that it is visible in the list of available email addresses. 

Once confirmed, please try logging in again via webmail for me.

Keep me posted and we;ll go from there - don't try Outlook or any other email client as yet. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos