Menu
Teegee3
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Add blue yonder email to windows live mail

Having real issues in adding My current blue yonder email to windows live mail on windows 10. Keep being asked to update the password for the account which I am doing to no avail.   Do I need to update the password on my virgin media account?? 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Add blue yonder email to windows live mail

@Teegee3 wrote:

Having real issues in adding My current blue yonder email to windows live mail on windows 10. Keep being asked to update the password for the account which I am doing to no avail.   Do I need to update the password on my virgin media account?? 

It may be connected with the email server issues that VM Mail are currently experiencing as the servers won't be able to respond to the setup process.  See the first pink sticky post in this forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Teegee3
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that, but I had the same issue yesterday was the email server experiencing an issue then too?  Also sorry but where do I see the pink sticky post as new to this forum. 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The sticky post I was referring to is here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Issue-Sending-Email-and-Accessing-Webmail/m-p/4391095#M20...

The issue may be with Windows Live Mail as it is an old bit of software that is no longer supported by Microsoft.  There are numerous posts across this forum from the last few years about users having issues with WLM.

Have you considered changing to a different email client, such as Mozilla Thunderbird?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Teegee3
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I was actually using the wrong terminology as it’s the Mail app on Windows 10 and not Windows Live Mail - apologies! 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Try using this guide. Remember when setting up in win 10 to select other type of e-mail.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-update-settings-in-windows-10

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Teegee3
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the link, but been all through this, tried it for both the POP and IMAP. Email account has been added but it just won’t sync.  I get the ‘hold on while we retrieve your emails’ then ‘nothing received yet’ 🙈. Driving me mad! 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

A password reset has been known to resolve this type of issue in the past as the password databases sometimes get out of sync.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

Teegee3
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I’ll try that now. 

0 Kudos