Menu
GraceMcK
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Add an Email address

Is it possible to add an existing gmail address to my account? Don’t want to create a new account as it will say address is already taken. I just need to be able to access another email account with existing address and password. 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Add an Email address

You can use VM web mail to check email from other VM or or non-VM accounts.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-check-emails-from-another-account

With Gmail you may well have trouble because of GMail security issues. You may have to set your GMail security settings to use non or less secure email clients to get this to work. Or you can do it the other way round and use GMail to check your VM mail. Google for how to do that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

GraceMcK
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your quick response. I tried that but got error message - configuration failed. There was an option to configure manually but I don’t know what info to fill in the empty fields. Server name for incoming and outgoing? Any ideas?!

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes - if you try to add a GMail account to the VM system it will always fail. You need to go into Google security and do what I explained for GMail. Amend the security settings. You shouldn't need server settings. VM knows them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
GraceMcK
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry it’s me again! Still won’t let me add the email, the person that set up the GMail address has changed security settings and the server settings field are mandatory. I haven’t a clue what to do next 

0 Kudos