Menu
Phone73
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Account password reset issue.

Hi all, 

I'm having a problem resetting my primary 'My Virgin Media' account password.  I select the primary account name from the username drop down list (I also have a secondary account), and click the 'forgotten password' option which takes me through to another page which asks for the 'username' then continue through to the 'a few security questions' page where I enter the answer to my security question and date of birth, then through to the 'choose new password' page.

Success I thought! but no......even though I fill out both fields correctly with the same new password conforming to the required standard it will not reset and tells me 'Some information is missing or incorrectly entered. Please check below and try again'. After another attempt it kicks me back to the 'Forgotten your password' screen!!  

As you can imagine this is incredibly frustrating and I would welcome any advice or help to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.  

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account password reset issue.

@Phone73 Sometimes trying again via a different browser has been known to solve this issue.

Also the password rules are very strict.  Minimum of 8 maximum of 10 characters.

Must start with a letter and cannot use any 'special' characters.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account password reset issue.

Hello Phone73

Sorry to hear about 
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos