Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Account deleted

My elderly Fathers email account has been deleted as he no longer has a virgin media account as he has moved his broadband package. He is 86 and unwell and was not aware that the email account would be deleted. This is i his only way of communicating with some family members and is also linked to various other account linked to this email address such as bank account bills etc. I am not happy that during this crisis a vulnerable old man has had his account suspended and would like some assistance to get this resolved. I understand that he no longer holds an account with virgin media but there must be some way of retrieving the account to let him retrieve important emails information etc.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account deleted

Hello

When an account is closed the email address will be deleted as per the terms and conditions in 90 days. https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#broad...

Section D6 states - "6. Any email address allocated by us to you will at all times belong to us and you may not transfer the address to any person.  If this agreement ends, your right to use that email address will also end and you will no longer be able to use the email address, so please make sure you have an alternative email address and let your contacts know of the change, as we cannot do this for you.  Please see our acceptable use policy for more detail on email address usage and our Help and Support page (by clicking here) on what happens to your email when you leave us."

I am afraid that he has lost the email account there is nothing that can be done by VM to allow him to regain access.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I understand the terms and conditions but an 86 year old man did not.

I have tied a number of ways to contact VM but this seems impossible at the moment.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I know but I am afraid that VM will not allow him to regain access to the email address.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Superstar
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

When an email account is closed it's usually webmail access which is first to go.

However you may be able to access and download emails to an email client, but you'll have to be quick.

The Virgin Media recommended email client settings are as undernoted:-

POP Access (Incoming)

• Server Name: pop3.virginmedia.com
  • User Name: Your full email address
  • Connection Security: SSL/TLS
  • Authentication: Normal password
  • Port: 995

Or

IMAP Access (Incoming)

• Server Name: imap.virginmedia.com
  • Connection Security: SSL/TLS
  • Authentication method: Normal password
  • Port: 993

Outgoing Server (SMTP)

• Server Name: smtp.virginmedia.com
  • Connection security: SSL/TLS
  • Authentication method: Normal password
  • Port: 465

This may not work, but it's worth trying.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos