Menu
dan_solar
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Accessing an email from a disabled account

Hello,

A while ago an account was made with @virginmedia.com and this was never signed in to virgin mail. Now I have that account used for various applications and I am no longer with virgin. I cannot see my email to change it and there is no way of accessing it. Everything I have tried has eventually ended up with a verification email being sent to the account.

Could someone please help me with this?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Accessing an email from a disabled account

Hello

I am afraid that if you are no longer with Virginmedia then the account is classed as orphaned and is normally deleted after 90 days from the date that your contract ends, I am sorry but all the Virginmedia staff can do is make sure that the email address is deleted as per T&C as you no longer have an account then you are not entitled to use a Virginmedia email address.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

dan_solar
Just joined
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you,

Is there a way that I can change the email associated with the account?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Even if you change the accounts email address as you are no longer a Virginmedia customer it isn't going to help as previous stated you can only use Virginmedia email addresses with a valid broadband account, once an email address is deleted it cannot be recreated ever.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
dan_solar
Just joined
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It was not necessarily about keeping that account. It was just a verification email was sent to it and I can't access it. I'm fine with the account not being able to be accessed any more. I just wanted to see if I could change the email associated with my other website login so it can send the verification to a different email address.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

If you need to change the email address on another website then the people to contact would be the developer of the website, it isn't something that Virginmedia can helpwith , the website in question would have to have some way of verifying your ID, if they have an alternative that would be down to them.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos