Menu
RMBrown
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Accessing NTL World Email Account from Mail Client

Hi I'm having problems accessing my ntlworld email (now under virgin media) from my mail client on mac. 

I can access from the web-browser, so the email+password are correct. I've removed and tried reinstalling on the mail client for mac, but the message '"unable to verify account details" keeps occurring. I've downloaded Spark as an alternative email client and am unable to set the email up either (automatically or going through the advanced settings and changing port settings to the those recommended on the virgin media website. 

Does anyone have any solutions for this presently. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Accessing NTL World Email Account from Mail Client

It could be that the password isn't synchronised across all these servers.

To remedy this change the password for the account concerned.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos