cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to second (blueyonder) mailbox

Usehername
Tuning in

I am the virgin media account holder and have my virgin media mailbox. My partner uses a mailbox migrated over from his old Blueyonder account  as a second mailbox.

We had a message today saying we may be locked out of our accounts due to a recent security update and if so we will need to change our passwords. We have changed my password and I have regained access to my emails, however my partners account will not accept the changes .

We get the following message

"The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them"

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Usehername wrote:

We had a message today saying we may be locked out of our accounts due to a recent security update and if so we will need to change our passwords. We have changed my password and I have regained access to my emails, however my partners account will not accept the changes .

Are you sure the message was from Virgin Media because similar locked account posts mention suspicious activity as the cause, not a security update?

The highlighted error message below can be triggered:

1. having recently changed password; as this invalidates the password held for additional accounts, for example those for richard.branson@blueyonder.co.uk shown below
  2. when the password of an additional account is changed
_0-1681555259829.jpeg

If the error was triggered by (1) then for the account showing the error select Account settings > Account details > Edit, located adjacent to Password in Sign in details section, amend password and save changes otherwise:

• Open an Incognito / Private window in your browser and go to Login to My Virgin Media | Virgin Media
  • Sign in using the authentication credentials of account displaying the above highlighted error
    • If sign in is:
      ▸  successful, select Account settings > Account details > Edit, located adjacent to Password in Sign in details section, amend password and save changes;
      ▸  unsuccessful, try resetting password from here Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media
    • after successfully resetting the password return to the previous windows, select Edit located adjacent to the account showing the highlighted error above, amend the password under Incoming server and save changes.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the speedy reply.

The account with the error does not have an entry in " Account settings > Account details >" although when I click on   Manage other My Virgin Media accounts  it says "You currently have additional accounts" :(Although no account is listed on that page).

I have tried to log in in a private window but it says either the username or password are incorrect.

Thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Usehername  This part of you original post rings alarm bells:

"My partner uses a mailbox migrated over from his old Blueyonder account as a second mailbox."

It isn't usually possible to move a blueyonder email address from one account to another.  That, coupled with the issues you are currently facing all point to the blueyonder email address having become orphaned.  The fact that you can't see it as an additional account when looking at your main account details supports this.

The VM Forum Team staff should be able to check the exact status when they reach this thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Maybe I should clarify further.

Many years ago I lived on my own and had my own Blueyonder email account.

Approximately  5 or 6 years ago I moved in with my current partner .

Virgin media migrated my Blueyonder email box over to my partners Virgin media account and my original Blueyonder account was closed .

Evert hing has worked fine since that time . I suspect Virgin media have mad a change to their systems and my account has been affected because it's an outlier.The security message we received was defiantly a Virgin Media generated message.

I hope this can been escalated as it's now causing me some difficulties

Thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Usehername, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

We am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with accessing an email account on your service, we will do all we can to help. 

In order to look in to this further, we will need to take a look though the account and the linked emails. To do this, we will just need to take a few details via private message. 

Please check the purple envelope for a message from myself and we can continue from there. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

There is still no resolution to this case !!!

Following Natalie_L's intervention I now have lost web access to both accounts so am unable to view webmail or make any changes as I am now greeted with a 403 Forbidden.

I spent over an hour on the phone to the helpline and was told i would receive a call in about an hour once they have looked into it. I'm still waiting for that call.

I feel an ombudsman complaint might be in order.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Userhername, 

Thank you for updating the thread. 

I had replied to your last message but have not received a reply. 

If you could please pop me over a message, we would be happy to continue to assist you from there. 

Thanks, 

Nat