Menu
Thedurrant
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Access to mailbox

Hi

after several years of using virgin.net mailbox my daughter is getting mailbox unavailable try again in an hour. We have reset password but still getting the error. Virgin media staff tried passing it off as a talk talk issue but it is Virgin that administer the domain. 

please help this is impacting her business

thanks 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Access to mailbox

Hello

Is she still a VM broadband customer if she isn't then I am afraid that the account is orphaned and should have been deleted 90 days after she stopped using dial up, see https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts/m-p/4092021

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Thedurrant
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Really ? I have had 4 accounts for over 20 years. Why now without any notice ? The remains 3 accounts all work fine. If Virgin does that with the others I will take legal action especially without notice 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

With all email in the terms and conditions it clearly states to be able to use a Virginmedia email address you have too have a Broadband account, normally these will be deleted after 90 days from account closure, but sometimes get missed in the purge.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Thedurrant
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not when I recall being ask years back if I wAnt to keep them active even after they stopped doing dial up services. I need to be able to put some sort of forward on so my whole family don’t loose their historical email 

criminal to hide behind this approach. 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I certainly understand if you have look at https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services section D it states

"6. Any email address allocated by us to you will at all times belong to us and you may not transfer the address to any person.  If this agreement ends, your right to use that email address will also end and you will no longer be able to use the email address, so please make sure you have an alternative email address and let your contacts know of the change, as we cannot do this for you.  Please see our acceptable use policy for more detail on email address usage and our Help and Support page (by clicking here) on what happens to your email when you leave us."

Regards Mike

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thedurrant

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

@DJ_Shadow1966 is correct here. However I am more than happy to double check things and clarify either way can we do anything for you.

I'll PM you now to get some details

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining me on PM Thedurrant

Just to update the thread, the mailbox has been unlocked and the advice given to move the emails asap due to it being an orphaned account

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos