cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to blueyonder alias

frank67uk
Tuning in
I have a similar problem to a recent poster - I have a feeling Im not alone!

When I first signed up with Blueyonder.co.uk, I was able to set up 5 aliases if I wanted and I still have one that I use

I can longer get into my email which uses the alias i set up (a day ago). I'm receiving messages asking me to re-enter my password etc. I havent changed any settings.Interestingly this coincides with a major outage in my area which occured at the same time (and is now resolved)

How do I access these aliases and can they be changed to stand alone email addresses? 

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

frank67uk
Tuning in

Just to clarify - i didnt set up the alias a day ago, (set it up a long time ago), but have not been able to access email on this alias SINCE a day ago - thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @frank67uk,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues accessing your mailbox! I can understand how frustrating this can be.

I've taken a look at our systems and I can see that there's still an active SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) Outage active in your area. This fault is impacting broadband, TV, and Landline services. This could be the reason for your mailbox being impacted. 

The fault number is F010476355 and the current estimated fix time is showing as 08/03/23 at 2pm. Please keep an eye on your services and let us know if your issue continues after this date and time. We'll be more than happy to help further if needed.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina, 

My broadband is working perfectly fine. You're correct there was an outage but there are no issues right now - unfortunately VM service status is (as usual1) not accurate and up to date - can you explain how the previous outage (which is now fixed) could impact my email and yet everything else is working fine?

Thanks

Hi frank67uk, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

The outage would have only affected the email due to the broadband connection. I am glad to hear that there outage has now been resolved. 

Can you confirm if you are still having issues with the emails?

Kind regards, Chris. 

Hi Chris, 

yes - i understand all this and explained that the outage was not an issue for me since Thursday. 

My email problem as i have tried to explain(!) is not, i think, related to the outage. 

I cant access one of the alias accounts set up several years ago on one of my main blueyonder email addresses.

Can we please get a ticket set up to investigate this - its going to need 2nd line on this i think.

I need to know if my alias/account is active (i HOPE it is) and then whether we need to do a password reset, because i cant access it here - has it been locked?

Thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @frank67uk,

Thanks for coming back to us about this issue. Sorry to hear that it's still ongoing!

It does sound like your mailbox could have been locked. In this instance, please take a look at our Login Problems page and scroll down to the "Your Email Account Has Been Locked" tab at the bottom of the page. 

This will provide further instructions on how to resolve this issue. If this doesn't work, please let us know and I'll be happy to investigate this further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina, 

please tell me how to sign in to my ALIAS email account and reset the password !! 

As far as i can see, the instructions below relate to primary email addresse / email address used for main virgin account (to access bills, primary webmail etc)

As i have now repeated MANY times, its the alias account im having problems with.

Please open a ticket so we can get this dealt with properly and I can provide specific details about the alias etc 

This is taking far too long and too many messages back and forth to progress - I need someone on this who understands legacy email setup including aliases linked to legacy emails (blueyonder)

Thanks

Sorry, to add and to be clear.

I am able to sign into my virgin media account and my main email account - i can see the webmail for this account 

What i cant access is the alias email i had set up against this account (I was able to do this without issue until last Thurs)

for example (and i can provide specifics on the ticket) if my main email was fm123456@blueyonder.co.uk but i had set up an alias against fm123456 of frank67uk@blueyonder.co.uk, its the frank67uk@blueyonder.co.uk that i can no longer access.

I hope thats clear now

Thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@frank67uk  Blueyonder alias emails share the same mailbox and password as the email address it is the alias of, which in your example would be fm123456.

Can you still access the frank67uk account?

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

Edited to add: It isn't actually possible to log into webmail with blueyonder alias addresses.  As they share the same inbox as the parent email address webmail access is via the parent email.  You should however be able to use the alias address via a third-party email client.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks