Menu
TimMoore2
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Access to Webmail and synchronising folders in MS Outlook

It appears there is a mailbox malfunction as the wider community is finding today. There have been no official service outage announcements and I have been without email all day! 

This is affecting me accessing VM webmail stating 'mailbox unavailable' as well as MS Outlook having problems with 'synchronizing subscribed folders'.

String attached from another post:-

The Error 403: Forbidden problem is currently being investigated on F008135072. Our team are currently working on implementing a fix for this issue. Bear with us and we'll let you know once it's sorted.

If you're experiencing a 'mailbox unavailable' error when logging in, we can clear this by updating the mailbox on our systems. Please create a new post and a member of staff will be in touch within 24 hours to help further. Please don't post your email address in the initial post, we'll ask you for this via private message when we reach out.

Please advise when this is fixed

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Access to Webmail and synchronising folders in MS Outlook

The post you quoted has been revised. Please check the latest version by re-reading message one.  

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Webmail-403-Mailbox-Unavailable-errors/td-p/4294661/jump-...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
TimMoore2
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to connect to IMAP Server

Following the locking of my email account by Virginmedia, due to a suspected hacking, my wife has been left with an email client (MS Outlook) which cannot 'log into the IMAP server'. 24 hours later her emails now work in webmail and on her phone but not on her laptop. Any advice?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to connect to IMAP Server

Have you updated the password in MS Outlook to match the new one that works with webmail?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
TimMoore2
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Graham, It's working now thanks

Tim

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tim,

Thanks for coming back to me, really glad to hear you are now able to access your emails.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos