Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Access ntlworld.com issues

Cannot change password to email address, called Virgin who told me as moved house around 3 years ago they cannot access. Until recently have been still using, but think recently email address and passwords have been compromised.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Access ntlworld.com issues

Hello

Is this email still registered with a current broadband account, if it isnt then you have been given the correct information it is classed as an orphaned email address see :- https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073 and https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts/m-p/4092021.

Unless it is attached to a current broadband account all is going to happen is it will be deleted as per 2nd link.

Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How to close ntlworld.com account

Contacted virgin media to see if they could help in resetting my password for a account held for over 10 yrs. They could not locate or help. 

The email is not showing on my homepage. Have set up viginmedia.com email address now.

Have recently (last few days) been unable to access email. (Orphaned account perhaps ???)

Stated password is incorrect.

Uncertain if temporarily suspended as have been getting daemonmail messages to inbox.

Want to try to either gain access and try to find out how to reset password  as think account may be compromised or to just make sure account is closed, virgin have not been much help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to close ntlworld.com account

You have made a duplicate post on this issue which I am going to remove. The Forum rules are that you don't do this. You still have this open thread which is where the problem will continue to be looked at and advised.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Right, here is a definitive reply to your thread. VM will need to work on this and the VM Forum Team here will get that moving when they reach your thread. But you will have a decision to make before then to decide which way you want VM to go..

You are right to think that the address may have been compromised. The mailer-daemon messages indicate that. I won't go into detail. VM have almost certainly locked it.

Because you are VM broadband customer you can ask VM to consider doing a move and transfer operation which will move that NTLworld address to your current VM broadband account and make it your primary account and log-in for My Virginmedia.

But in doing so this will delete every single other e-mail address on your current account. And this will only work easily if that NTLworld address is a single address. And it may not work at all in which case deletion of the address is the only option - no choice for you.

If it was part of a set of addresses than they will all have to be moved over to your new account, provided they still exist. If they don't then a move and transfer is not possible. The only choice, and this is effectively your second choice, is for VM to delete the address completely from their systems. You decide.

Wait here for a Forum Team member to respond to this thread. They are pretty quick to get to this stuff. 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Maudas. 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community 🙂

HowardML  is spot on , I've sent you a private message so I can help you with this.

Get back to me when you can,

Alex_Rm

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Faster than a speeding bullet! Well done @Alex_RM