forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
lmutch
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

90 day email access.

HI 

In Sept 2020 I opened an account with Virgin Media which was previously under my husbands name. I had an email address in my husbands account as a secondary person.  Although I had to create a new email address when I started up my new account I was told that my old email address had been transferred over. 

Since Tuesday of this week I have not been able to send or receive emails from my old address even though was told that my email address had been saved. I did have warnings saying to save emails etc as 90 days were up but I did not think this was relevant to me as I had been told my email was saved to my new account and it was now way longer than 90 days.

I have phoned twice and been held online for a total of 1hr 30min all in.  Both of these calls were cut off after me waiting a considerable length of time. 

Please can someone help me?

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 90 day email access.

is your husbands account still active? If the account has closed I'm guessing not.

A move and transfer would need to be done but that would of needed to be done by your husband with your permission as it will move ALL the account (all emails) from his account to yours. You cn;t transfer one address.

If this was not done and the email has been deleted it will not be recoverable if its already deleted
EMutch
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your insightful response, it is much appreciated.
My husbands email from his old account is still active. He did give permission for all email accounts to be transferred and we thought that this had been done. I tried to access his old account today but it is closed. Just don’t understand why his email is still working and mine is not! Could there be something else wrong with my email? 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

its more likey his email will stop working soon as well.
Not all email addresses get deleted at the same time.

you should call VM and see if they can still do a move and transfer. you'll both need to pass security on the account
0 Kudos