Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

8th time calling support now to re-set the access to my virgin media

Good afternoon, this is starting to get extremely frustrating, every month near enough, our password gets reset for our virgin media my virgin media service, my wifes phone fails to authenticate, the mailbox set up for her is correct, webmail fails to log in through a browser, on multiple devices.

Virgin support have reset the password multiple times now everytime I call up to get it rectified, I get issued a new password.

The issue stems down to an OLDER mailbox my son had was compromised and was being used to send spam messages (we had multiple letters in the post)

We have deleted the affected mailbox many months ago which should of technically solved the problem, I have checked mail forwarding on all the mailboxes on the account and none are active, I can't access the older mailbox to check any settings there as It was deleted.

I'm starting to regret even using virgin mail at all and at this point I'm just considering taking the time and effort to change our email addresses on things like paypal/ebay/ other sites.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, currently on hold to virgin yet again to sort it again, but in a month it'll get reset again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 8th time calling support now to re-set the access to my virgin media

Hi ariedan, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you've encountered this issue with your MyVM account & VM mailbox.

When this happens, do you get any specific error message?

Does it happen across all browsers/devices?

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It happens on all devices and browsers, across the main virgin media account, the sub accounts I've created for family members, we all get locked out and have to get the password reset on the main virgin media account, from there I then change the password for each family members mailbox in order for them to get access back.

I firmly believe an older mailbox we had got hacked and was being used to send spam, I deleted the old mailbox but apparently it's still happening yet I don't have access to the old mailbox to check anything, it's just increasingly frustrated and I'm currently in the process of changing all the email accounts for family members across the sites they use and the services they use just to save time in the future.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello ariedan

I am going to need to send you a private message if you can reply to that for me that would be brilliant.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos