Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

7 months and still can't access ntlworld account

In April and May I had long discussions here with people trying to help. Unfortunately most of the same problems still exist - we are two people each with our own ntlworld email:

- my husband still cannot use his ntlworld email on his Mac

- my husband is the account holder but cannot access it. When he tries, the message that appears says he's a secondary account. He received a code from VM that apparently would help overcome this but when he clicked on it, a blank page appeared and that was that.

Please please please would VM sort this out for him? Please?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 7 months and still can't access ntlworld account

Hi AnnCamilla, 

I'm very sorry that you've been having these issues for a while and for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I've taken a look and can see since posting you've been in touch and it's all been resolved. 

Please let us know if you need anything else. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 7 months and still can't access ntlworld account

Hi Emma,

Thank you for your reply. I can understand why VM is so busy. The problem: my husband has one ntlworld email and I have another and my husband is the account holder. However, he cannot get to the account as it doesn't recognise him or his password, nor does his email address work in Mail. It does, however, work in Thunderbird which is odd to say the least.

Last week he got an email purportedly from VM telling him this:

"-------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject:Date:From:Organisation:To:

Important notice: about your Virgin Media service
Wed, 11 Nov 2020 03:27:39 +0000
Virgin Media e-Mail © <summaryyaho2@btconnect.com>
gkgk
don.farr <don.farr@ntlworld.com>

Dear Customer,

The new classic version of Virgin Media that you’re using on your computer will no longer be available November 12, 2020. To ensure continued access to your Virgin Media account, you will not be automatically upgraded to the latest version of  Virgin Media Mail or Basic Mail, it's quick, easy and free. Just update your email address now.

It has a refreshed design that provides a fast, reliable and intuitive experience. To update to the latest version of Virgin Media Mail, visit  https://Virginmedia-overview.mail.com   

Can we help you with anything else? If you need any help or support with your products or services simply visit virginmedia.com/help. Or to get in touch, visit virginmedia.com/contact.

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Yours sincerely,

The whole team at Virgin Media

** An important note**

You have received this email because either you, or someone else using this email address, is a customer of Virgin Media. Medallia conduct surveys on behalf of Virgin Media. For Medallia's detailed security policy, please click here: http://www.medallia.com/privacy.

Medallia can be contacted here: here

You can write to the Virgin media team at: Virgin Media, 500 Brook Drive, Reading RG2 6UU."

We thought it must be junk/spam because it doesn't really make sense! However, my husband rang 150 to explain the problem with his email and the account. He spent two hours on the phone before he got through to a person who gave us both new passwords. My husband still can't get to the account - in fact he hasn't been able to access is for months which isn't right. And he still can't use the email except in Thunderbird. It seems to be a complete mess especially for an account holder who pays a lot of money for an XL VM account!

Can anyone help my husband at all? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos