Menu
Ihatespam
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

6000 spam emails in space of 24 hours...

I have received over 6000 spam emails into my Blueyonder inbox in last 24 hours (the majority appear to arrive between 2pm and 5pm) with up to 100 arriving every minute.  Called helpline and they said there is nothing they can do other than check my spam filter (currently set to 'reject all spam') - does anyone have any ideas as currently looking at closing my email 😞

Huge thanks!

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 6000 spam emails in space of 24 hours...

Do these spam email have a repeating pattern in:

• sender detail;
  • recipient detail;
  • date;
  • text within the message body

for example, sender's email domain is example.com

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ihatespam
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Afraid not - I have checked to see if patterns from a country or domain but nothing.  I've had another 300+ since posting this 😞

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Ihatespam wrote:

Afraid not - I have checked to see if patterns from a country or domain but nothing.  I've had another 300+ since posting this

And those are definitely spam messages being sent to you from a variety of senders not "Message delivery failure" notifications sent from "mailer-daemon@virginmedia.com"?

The reason I ask that is because the only time I have ever received emails in that quantity was years ago when the non VM email address I was using at the time was spoofed by a spammer to blitz the USA with spam.

I received in excess of 5000 non delivery notification emails in the space of 48 hours. Those were just in respect of the spam emails that failed to get delivered. I hate to think how many spam emails were delivered successfully because I also received a lot of emails from very angry Americans who thought that I was personally responsible for the spam emails they were receiving.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos