Rogerthedodger
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

552 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603)

I got an email rejected with this report. I've tried several times to resend

1. putting text of email in a word doc instead

2 not attaching the original word doc

3. deleting various parts of the email (several attempts)

All these failed! I have stopped trying. As I could be triggering the spam filter with so many retries?

Anyone else having same problem?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 552 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603)

Frequent updates to the matching data used by spam filters is likely to be responsible for this and will hopefully clear itself in 6, 12, or 24 hours. Should the problem persist then post back here to have the issue flagged to the forum team who can correlate the unique reference shown in the error message with the email team to determine the exact cause.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Rogerthedodger
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks just resent and no spam warning came back. Should know soon it was received OK . . . . .
0 Kudos
veryolduser
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Same issue all morning. Copy the email into gmail and no issue

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi veryolduser,

Thanks for you post and reaching out to the community forums. Sorry that you are having email issues. Are you sending directly from our email site or are you using an app or email client? Also what does the email error say? This could shed some light as to what might be occurring with the delivery.

Thanks

Corey C

0 Kudos
bellocarico
Tuning in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Same issue VM603.... this is happening from both my personal email (set to use the SMTP of virginmedia as well as the virginmedia mailbox web interface itself). It is indeed related to the content of the email as certain email bounce back with VM603 other go out just fine.

I have some fundamental questions for VirginMedia here:

1) why is ViirginMedia checking the content of the messages I'm sending (even if automated), this is unacceptable, this is not spam inbound..., are you listening to my phone calls as well? Of course you do...

2) Why is VirginMedia filtering my messages outbound? Nonsense, I have username and password you know my IP and where I live, what value does this spam outbound filtering add?

3) It worked this morning, the issue started after lunch. VirginMedia obviously changed something around noon whether that is manual or automatic. Since things are broken this is indeed bad change management as a minimum, not sure why this ws implemented in the middle of the day but was a change check-out performed at all?

Dear dear...

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Consider using an alternative email service that: (a) provides security that is equal to or greater than the services it will be used with; (b) has better spam filtering. Otherwise…

Frequent updates to the matching data used by spam filters is likely to be responsible for this and will hopefully clear itself in 6, 12, or 24 hours. Should the problem persist then you will need to wait for a forum team member to correlate the unique reference shown in the Spam Content error message with the email team to determine the exact cause; be aware it may take the forum team longer than the usual few hours / days to work through to your post.

Alternately identifying the cause yourself may allow a temporary workaround to be found. To do this:

1. sign into webmail
        2. setup the problem email and put your own email address in the To field
        3. highlight half of the email content and Cut (Ctrl + X)
        4. select Send
        5. if the send fails with a Spam Content error then repeat step 3
          otherwise select 2019-02-22.jpeg, select the email sent in step 4 from the Spam folder, select Reply to Sender and repeat step 3

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
bellocarico
Tuning in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

This is non sense. It worked until last week, now my emails outbound can not contain a URL ( often found in signature, etc) and especially other email addresses (often included in the header when replaying)

The above two elements are pretty much always included when you deal with business and you answer emails you received. I think this is a major issue, I don't care about workarounds, I just (as a paying customer) want things to work as they were last week. Whatever you did, roll it back!

Email is a relatively simple thing but VM screwed it up.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi bellaocarico,

Thanks for posting and apologies for the email issues. Can you try the work around suggested to see if it works?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
bellocarico
Tuning in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry but we are going in circle. If I was looking for a workaround I would just remove manually every email and URL in my emails out (massive pain but at least it works). I need a fix. A permanent one.

So even if the procedure described is an acceptable work around to finally have a message sent out.... you should know that I'm one of the many users not using the VM web interface. I also have my own email, I just need (and have been using for about 17 years one) the NTL/VirginMedia SMTP service I'm paying for. So I don't want to confuse my customers between my email and the Virgin media one.

Just roll back what it was done that's good enough and in general you should have some serious thought on why you ever filter for spam email sent by your users. Nonsense.

0 Kudos