cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

550 5.1.2 Recipient Domain Invalid (VM521)

andygkennedy
Tuning in

Emails to domain lythgoe.net sent today are bouncing with error:
Server error: '550 5.1.2 Recipient Domain Invalid (VM521)'

Emails sent to that domain from a different email service are not bouncing.

Can someone please check and unblock asap. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry to read that. Issue has been flagged to the forum team however be aware it can  take them a few hours / days to respond. Whilst waiting do consider periodically retrying a failed email as the issue might resolve itself.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Media's DNS was failing to find the domain (even a few minutes ago) but that seems to no longer be the case. Can you confirm that by resending one of the earlier failed emails?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Have tried resending, awaiting results - thank you

Nope, bounced again at 17:48 😞

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry to read that. Issue has been flagged to the forum team however be aware it can  take them a few hours / days to respond. Whilst waiting do consider periodically retrying a failed email as the issue might resolve itself.

Hi andygkennedy,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, so I can help further and send this to our Internet Security team, I will send you an invite into a private chat so I can take some further information, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.