cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

403 Forbidden

KimNewman
Tuning in

I can access my email account on my desktop and mobile, but when I try to access it via webmail I get a 403 Forbidden notice.

This forum flags up several other people who've had the same or similar issues in the past - but there seems to be no satisfactory fix listed.

Any ideas? 

I only tend to access webmail to check if anything's been caught in the spam filter I actually need.

Kim 

14 REPLIES 14

chp6ph1
On our wavelength

Before calling I ran a status check (all OK) and changed my Virginmedia password on the off-chance.  403, as usual.  Call to 150 wasn't as bad as I feared.  I spent about 10 minutes on the phone including 'in a queue' time.  Email is now working.  The advisor had to 'send a help to my router'!  Make of that what you will.  I asked if a reboot would have fixed the issue - answer = no.  So, it seems the only known way to fix this is to call 150 and have a 'help' sent to your router too!  I warned the advisor that I'm just the tip of the proverbial and to expect many more calls....

chp6ph1
On our wavelength

Ha!  Spoke too soon about the lack of a 'Our reference: VMIS158-SUSPICIOUS_ACTIVITY-F009687249' warning email.  It turned up at 16:00 today.  But email is still working for now at least.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @KimNewman

Thanks for posting on our community forum

My apologies for the inconvenience, have you managed to access your email as of yet?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I still get a Forbidden 403 from webmail.  I can still get email on my mobile and desktop, just not online.

Hi @KimNewman

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened! 

I'd be happy to take a look with you, I'll send a PM now so we can investigate this further.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you.