Menu
ykywi
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

403 Forbidden

Since last week i have been unable to access my blueyonder e-mail via web at mail.blueyonder.co.uk using any type of browser.

Looking around it looks like my mailbox my have been compromised (with mail forwarding rules). I have reset the mailbox passwords for my account (Although can someone explain why special characters cannot be used in passwords .. maybe that is why they are being brute forced?)

I can get my mail on my phone and pc using any mail client but cannot look at my 'stored' e-mails online.

Escalation to the Virgin Media Team didn't resolve the matter!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
merseymick
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 403 Forbidden

Hi 

Many of us older address holders (blueyonder/ntlworld) have had this problem and you are right that the client route is a workaround access route.

VM have admitted to me that it is a system bug but they will not fix it globally as it would need a system shut down affecting a great many non-affected users and they are v. reluctant to do this.

They apparently can do the fix one for one and they have done this for me following a week of extremely loud and persistent pestering via the 150 line and this forum.

The only chance you have of getting fixed as I read it, is to get a ticket raised and pursued to completion.  The forum team should pick up your mail and once you get a conversation going with them or 150, you need to be really dogged and persistent until they sort it.   I found escalating to "supervisor" level on 150 calls helped, (though they will at first resist).

There are lots and lots of threads on the forum so the path to help is confused, but I don't think there's any better advice or magic bullets beyond the above.  

As for "escalation to the VM team not helping", I don't know if this means you got as far as getting a ticket raised?   If you did get a ticket raised and it didn't help, they shouldn't have closed the ticket and you will need a new one opening I think as they will not be active for you otherwise.

If you didn't yet get a ticket raised, you should (via 150 helpline...god help you!) or via this forum via a VM forum team member picking up this thread.

Hope this helps a bit.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ykywi

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry for the delay in replying, we have been busier than usual. 

I have had a look into the back end of things from here and can see that since posting the team have been able to help and get a ticket raised. 

Tickets usually take 3-5 days to be worked so we'll be in touch once we have any further information. 

Let us know if you have any concerns in the meantime 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
ykywi
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Still no call back from VM who supposedly escalated the problem. I have a feeling my account has been compromised as I am getting lots of spam and I'm sure mail forwarding is on my account.

This is 4 weeks now with no fix

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @ykywi 

Thank you for coming back to us. 

I have just taken a look over the account, It dose seem as though the correct kind of IT ticket is going to need to be raised. 

I am going to drop you a PM so that I can get some account information and raise this correctly. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos