cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

403 Forbidden on webmail (Again)

Helen111
Joining in

I am also getting the '403 Forbidden' message when I try to access my email via the virgin media website. Started Mon 24th July but then my emails started working fine before they went off again Wednesday 26th. I have tried all the usual fixes others have mentioned (clearing caches, cookies, changing browsers, using inprivate filters etc.) and nothing is working. I have also changed my password 4 times and this has not helped. Logged an incident with 150 (P01202213) and they are telling me it will take 5 days to resolve. This really isn't good enough given the issues we've all recently experienced where virgin lost all our historic emails for a month. Reading all the threads it seems tech support in India will not find a cure for this and it is just a case of unlocking my account. Can anyone on the UK Mod Team help with this please? 

6 REPLIES 6

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Helen111 wrote:

Can anyone on the UK Mod Team help with this please? 

The Forum Team might be able to give you an update on progress. However, it seems that there are a number of possible issues that can give rise to the 403 Forbidden error.

However, while you are waiting you might be interested in following the advice in steps 1 - 5 here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/403-Forbidden-on-webmail-Again 

I have not experienced this 403 Forbidden error myself and I must admit I was very sceptical about this solution. However, as you will see, the next two posters on that thread confirm it worked for them. In addition other posters have also confirmed that on other threads.

You have nothing to lose, than a few minutes of your time, in repeating the password reset 3 times before trying to sign in to your webmail account.

It would be great if you could post back and let everyone know how you get on.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Helen111,

Thanks for posting this question on our Community Forums, we're sorry you're still having issues with your email in terms of this 403 Forbidden Error. 

I can see @coenoby has already given some advice that we would normally direct you to, can you please try this for me and let me know if the solution works for you too? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

davidbohl
Tuning in

Apparently yesterday(thurs) VM told us due to essential maintenance services may be interrupted. I stupidly thought after 3 weeks they may have resolved the 403 Forbidden issue. No such luck I'm still locked out.

All we seem to get off 150 and the help desk is "it is a known problem". Time to press the cancel package button.

Hi Davidbohl, 

Thanks for coming back to us about this issue, I am sorry you're still dealing with this at the moment. 

If I can offer the same advice that I gave Helen about Ceonoby's post, we'll be happy to help further if this does not help in this case. 

However, while you are waiting you might be interested in following the advice in steps 1 - 5 here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/403-Forbidden-on-webmail-Again 

I have not experienced this 403 Forbidden error myself and I must admit I was very sceptical about this solution. However, as you will see, the next two posters on that thread confirm it worked for them. In addition other posters have also confirmed that on other threads.

Thanks,

Megan_L

I have tried all the convoluted "fixes" posted on the forum, several times over, and on a Windows machine, android phone and chromebook, and on different routers. I get the same result.

Ofcom are investigating VM about the difficulty of cancelling a contract, it's going to be interesting to see when I try.

Thanks Davidbohl,

I'm sorry the other fixes haven't worked, but now it means we can try some other fixes 🙂 

I'll get a private message sent over to you now so we can get started. 

Speak soon.

Megan_L