Menu
foccer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

403 Forbidden error on webmail

I was struggling to receive emails in outlook today (desktop and mobile) so tried to log into webmail. All I get is the error above.

Any ideas? Pointless calling the helpdesk at the moment as I will be in a queue for too long while I am  trying to earn a living.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: 403 Forbidden error on webmail

It'll take 24 hours for the VM Forum Team to reach your thread and help you reset the mailbox. You'd be wise to wait as the phone support on this issue is a bit variable, to say the least. The problem is that a security question was raised over your address. That can be resolved here. In the meantime go into MY Virginmedia and change your password and make sure you reflect that change in Outlook.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some issues when trying to sign into your emails. I have been able to re enable your mailboxes from here - can you please try signing in again to see if you now have access?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
foccer
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I changed my password yesterday on "My Virgin Media" and am able to log in there OK with the new password. Still gettign  403 forbidden error using webmail and (having changed the password) unable now to get emails via Outlook etc.

This is getting silly.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having some trouble. I'm going to pop you over a private message so I can look into this further for you.

Please find my message over at the purple envelope 🙂

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
foccer
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have responded to your message. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly now.
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you - I have received your message and sent over a response 🙂

Regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
foccer
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So, as it is still not working today, I tried calling 150 and got through to someone. Unfortunately they were unable to really help. Apparently everything is OK at the Virginmedia end and all they would try was insist on me changing my password again. 

To keep them happy, this was done but no closer to resolving the issue. Still get 403 forbidden error when logging in to webmail (via multiple devices/browsers) and unable to access via an IMAP client. The response from VirginMedia? Go to www.virginmedia.com/gadgetrescue and they can help. 

In case anyone has also been given this response, do not do it. GadgetRescue will charge you £60 on your next bill to diagnose a fault that is actually at their end. DO NOT DO IT.

VirginMedia - this is unacceptable

0 Kudos
foccer
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Update - They obviously did something at their end as I can now access through IMAP clients but still get the 403 error when trying to access webmail. I have again tried through various browsers on multiple devices.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Foccer,

I am glad to hear this is now working for you

Zoie

0 Kudos