cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 weeks no emails ntlworld secondary email

Jothomas5050
Tuning in

For the last 3 weeks my husband has had no emails through his ntlworld.com email (it’s a secondary email that’s been set up) we have tried numerous times, it says it’s been locked due to suspicious activity, and to unlock do these steals and we will unlock this for you. 

Step 1.
Go to My Virgin Media : to create a new password for your My Virgin Media account. We need you to create a new password for this account as there may have been a security breach.

• Select Sign In
  • Select Forgotten your email or password? under the password box
  • Follow the instructions to change your password

Step 2.
Next, we need you to generate a new password to be used specifically for signing in to third-party mailbox apps (like Outlook or Gmail) to access your Virgin Media Mail emails. Even if you don’t use these apps to access your emails now, we still need you to reset the password anyway to fully secure your account.

1. Sign In to My Virgin Media
    a. Go to Account settings, then Account details
    b. Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
    c. Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
  2. Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated for you

Update any third-party apps that you use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password

Can do step 1, when it comes to step 2 I go account settings then details the only manage is at the very bottom and there is no get password 

at the moment he is waiting for important documents to be sent through and he is unable to access it. 3 weeks is beyond madness numerous people have said they are looking into it but no one gives an answer

not a happy VM customer 

3 REPLIES 3

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jothomas5050, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear you feel this way 😔

What's the latest information you've been provided in terms of this being dealt with?

After clicking on "Manage", can you see a red button at the bottom of the page that reads "Generate new App password" in white writing?

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel, 

there is definite no big red button there I have videos and screenshots I can send, please private message me and I will forward them over to you.

hubby is waiting for legal documents that they say they have sent and are unable to change the email address for so we really need this sorting out 

thanks for your reply the last update I had was 

Thanks for continuing to try things for me, I've let my colleague in the Internet Security Team know about this and they are going to look into this a little deeper. 

I'll continue to give you updates as and when I have them, sorry for the time this is taking!

Thanks for getting back to us Jothomas5050, we’re eager to support you with this, I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you. Keep an eye out for the envelope icon in the top right when signed into the forums.

Rob